Quality Assurance on a High Level!
Quality assurance is pivotal and inseparable part of the translation process. We comply with our ISO 13485 (Translation Standards for the medical-healthcare sector) and ISO 9001 (Quality Management for the provision of language services).
When we talk about quality, we need to imagine that we are talking about a product and just as any other ‘manufacturer’ we need the output quality to be controlled in order to ensure the product complies with the requirements. The same applies to our services.
Our QA process
Our appointed Multilingual QA specialists handle the last step of the translation process by going over the translation looking for potential issues such as:
- Typographical, grammar and contextual errors (e.g. Is the tab order from right to left in right to left languages?).
- Language-specific settings and resources, such as regional defaults, spell-check and speech engine (e.g. Are measurements shown in kilograms or pounds?).
- Cultural appropriateness (e.g. Should name order be first name, last name or last name, first name?) and politically sensitive issues (e.g. culturally sensitive images, icons, and terminology).
- Keeping correct market-specific data (e.g. local addresses, support phone numbers, etc.).
- Adherence to existing glossaries, industry-specific glossaries and/or any further terminology list provided initially by the client.
Software Tools To Improve Quality
The market offers vast options for QA software. Some translation agencies have developed their own additional tools for quality assurance that were later released as a commercial product (e.g. Verifika, Xbench, QA Distiller). Most common checks that embedded QA software into a CAT-tool provide are for wrong terminology, formatting, punctuation, incomplete translations, non-compliance with local standards, etc.
Furthermore, all QA-tools, either embedded or external, can generate a report file with the QA check results. The report is fully customizable, which means that we can use our own (or client’s) glossaries, check criteria, or disable unnecessary functions in order to create an optimal configuration for either checking a specific project, or for a client’s general requirements.
- File AnalysisDetermining the price quote and the required translation process is crucial.
Each job request is analyzed by our experts to provide a comprehensive, free overview of what needs to be done, including a cost-estimate.
- Glossary CreationUsing your preferred vocabulary! Our first step is establishing a glossary together, to achieve consistency throughout the project in accordance with your requirements.
- Translation + ValidationIn order to provide you with the best translation available, we cooperate with over 1000 translators in more than 70 languages. All our translators and validators have relevant professional experience which ensures translations of the highest quality.
- Translation Memory UpdateAfter the completion of every job, we update your Translation Memory, thus expanding your database, incorporating it into the next project we manage for you.
- Quality AssuranceAfter a translation is completed and the files underwent the DTP process, our quality assurance department reviews the work before we send it to you. This ensures that the project is without fault, guaranteeing you the peace of mind to focus on the many other aspects of your business.
- Desktop Publishing;Working with all file formats.
To ensure you get a print-ready files, our professional DTP team will prepare the target files according to your instructions. Either it’s a MS Office format, graphic files (In-Design, Adobe Illustrator, etc.), Frame Maker, or any other format – we can handle it, using the source files.
Why Should You Trust Us?
- We are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified and we keep our work to the highest possible standards.
- We are at your disposal for any urgent translation that you may need.
- We translate into over 70 languages.
- We collaborate with in-country translators around the world that are specialized in the field.
- We have over 15 years of experience specializing in translation, which includes translation and localization, Multilingual QA to fit the market purpose and content writing.